Instinct or Analysis – What shapes your marketing strategy?
As Council Members of CIMTIG we helped organise their seminar on May 16th 2013. Missed it? Read the TTG review of CIMTIG event here.
Getting your business found on-line – seven simple steps to success
Thursday April 25th, Travel Waves Marketing will be presenting to the Salisbury City Centre Management Meeting at 10am as part of this year’s Salisbury Big Business Event. If you want to know more about how to increase your on-line presence come and join us at The Guildhall Salisbury Salisbury Big Business Event
We are here to offer marketing consultancy and support to help your business grow. Passionate about marketing, we can help you improve your brand USPs and communications to win new and retain existing customers. We will get to understand what your business needs and discuss effective solutions that are right for you.
Content is King so what should my business say in 2013?
Ambassador’s guest speaker for Friday 18 January 2013 will be Claire Riches from Travel Waves Marketing. The Ambassadors Business Breakfast Club meets at the Grasmere Hotel in Harnham. Networking starts at 07.30 with the main meeting at 0800.
Claire is managing director of Travel Waves Marketing, a business she established in 2011 after a successful career in marketing for leading retailers including B&Q and PC World, and Norwegian Cruise Line.
Travel Waves Marketing provides marketing consultancy and services that support businesses in travel and tourism, helping them grow their sales and customers. Passionate about marketing, they can help you identify your business strengths and how to best communicate them to existing and prospective customers. They’ll get on your wavelength, understand what your business needs are and then recommend and provide cost-effective solutions that are right for you.
Travel Waves Marketing specialises in business development and launching new products and services, running customer events to increase awareness of what you do, supporting you in developing your social media and web content and email marketing.
Claire is going to talk about ‘Content is King’, and in 2013 low cost marketing channels – blogging, social media and email marketing – are all forecast to continue to grow. So how do you make sure that what you say about your business is seen and heard by your customers and potential clients? You need good, original content that can be easily consumed and shared including pictures and rich media which really can be worth more than a 1000 words. In this session Claire Riches will explore communications channels businesses should use in 2013 and share her top tips on how to give your content context to make sure what you say has impact and delivers results.
If you wish to contact her direct then ring her on t: 01725 513310 / m: 07515 663825 or e: email@example.com. This is definitely a meeting not to be missed!
Big Interview: Whipping up a storm in cruise retailing - article based on interview arranged by Claire Riches for Tony Childs, MD of Cruise Holidays UK
Association of Cruise Experts Cruise Packaging Seminar – Oct 17th, 2012
Travel Waves Marketing supports ACE in developing session to review implication of new ATOL reforms and impact on travel agents
AWTE seminar ‘Social Media – Improving your online communication for business’ Demystifying Social Media & Making it Work for YOU! 25th September, 2012
Claire Riches from Travel Waves Marketing leads the Panel Discussion: I’ve heard the theory, now how do I put it into practice in my business?
Home-based cruise retail franchise opens first store
Article from Travel Weekly announcing opening of Cruise Holidays UK first store following release by Travel Waves Marketing
ACE Marketing Masterclass June 21, 2012
Travel Waves Marketing will be supporting ACE in delivering a marketing seminar to help travel agents find and keep cruise customers in Manchester.
June 21 at Manchester Art Gallery 1pm to 4.30pm
A new and interactive workshop designed for travel agents and commercial team members relatively new to the industry. We’ll provide lots of marketing ideas you can use to find new customers and keep your existing clients. It will be a fun, engaging and interactive afternoon, plus you’ll leave with actions to go back and implement in your business.
Social Media – which one to use?
Want to know more about Social Media and how it can work for your business? Join me at 4 Networking, the Smugglers Haunt, Ferndown, Dorset on Friday April 13 at 8am for an overview of the main Social Media channels and which one is right for you. I’ll be sharing my top tips and usefull start-up guides for Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn. For more details see http://www.4networking.biz/Events/Details/25939
Think Differently Marketing Seminar: How to find cruise customers and keep them
On April 18th I’ll be presenting at the ACE Marketing Seminar. If you are looking to understand how you can attract more cruise customers and develop your strategy to retain you loyal customers this event is for you. For more details see the link below
Press review of ACE Digital Seminar
Travel Waves Marketing and ACE seminar hits top story spot on Travloution March 9th 2012 - thanks to Lee Hayhurst - to read article see link below
Travel Waves Marketing is co-ordinating ACE Digital Seminar on March 6th, 2012
As reported in February 16th, 2012 Travel Weekly – “Agent cruise training body Ace will focus on digital marketing at its first Think Differently Digital Seminar on March 6. The event is being run in partnership with Travel Weekly sister publication Travolution,which focuses on online travel, as part of a strategic partnership with Travel Weekly Group. It will provide agents with practical advice on digital trends, how to grow cruise sales and how to connect with customers using social networking sites. Speakers include Dan Caplin, managing director of CWT Digital; Dean Harvey, client services director at social media agency Qube Media, and Stefan Hull, insight director at search marketing specialist Propellernet. Andy Harmer, director of Ace, said: “In challenging times, it is essential that agents think differently about how they sell cruise. So Ace has created a series of Think Differently seminars to help agents grow their business.”
TOP TEN REASONS TO CRUISE Feb 6th 2012
As we continue to work to grow the UK cruise market, we recommend a back to basics approach and suggest you build on the key messages that have made cruising popular with so many people over recent years.
So we asked Claire at Travel Waves to tell us what her most important reasons to cruise were:
1. It’s GREAT VALUE – typically cruise fares include accommodation, dining, a wide range of entertainment and so much more, many luxury and river cruises operators include drinks and shore excursions as well. All this makes cruising great value for money.
2. There’s so much CHOICE – each cruise line and ship offers a unique style and holiday experience. Take time to understand what your customers are looking for and help them find their perfect cruise. Get it right and they’ll be back in 2013 to book their next holiday with you.
3. There’s SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE – whether your customers are looking for an action packed holiday or just wanting to chill out. On a cruise your clients can do both. Ideal for families and couples alike as there’s something to suit all individual tastes.
4. There are so MANY DESTINATIONS to cruise – from Asia to Australia to Alaska to the Artic Circles. And closer to home the seas and rivers of Europe offer many diverse choices from cruises around the Med to the Adriatic to the inland waterways of Germany, Portugal or Russia.
5. A NEW DAY = SOMEWHERE NEW TO EXPLORE – On a cruise guests only have to unpack once and will wake up somewhere new most days. They can step a shore and fill their time with sightseeing tours, learn about local cultures or do something adventurous with family and new friends.
6. RELAX AND UNWIND – Sea days on board are the perfect way to relax. Guests can join in and enjoy all the ship’s entertainment or simply lounge the day away by the pool or in the spa.
7. DINING – Some of the very best cuisine can found on cruise ships – from formal dining to vast buffets and numerous specialty restaurants offering every type of cuisine imaginable. And with celebrity chefs and evening dinner shows your clients will experience great times on board their cruise.
8. ENTERTAINMENT – included in their fare will be shows, live music, bars and sometimes even on-board casinos offering guests a choice of entertainment every night of their cruise.
9. FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY – Families love to cruise. With children’s clubs on board, child-friendly menus and new friends to make – they’ll just love it. Equally parents will love quality “me” time too.
10. Easy to BUDGET -with so many expenses pre-paid on a cruise it’s easy for customers to pre-plan their holiday spend.
About Travel Waves Marketing
Claire Riches is a marketer with over 20 years of marketing experience within the Travel and Retail. At Travel Waves Marketing she is committed to offering a flexible range of marketing solutions that are tailored to you and your business. Her aim is to get on your wavelength and understand what it is that you and your business requires. She’ll then provide cost effective solutions that allow you to grow your business with new customers, products and communications. With a proven track record of results in business Claire can help you make your business stronger and more resilient in the current economic climate.
Call Claire on 07515 663835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL SET & READY FOR WAVE 2012? Jan 2012
Follow our Top Ten Tips, developed with Claire Riches from Travel Waves Marketing, to make sure you make the most of this peak season. Take action now so you don’t miss out on any early sales opportunities out there!
- Know your ships. Make time to get up to speed with all the latest developments. Refresh your knowledge and complete your ACE & cruise line training.
- Build trust. Demonstrate your ACE knowledge to your customers and add real value by giving them your expert opinion.
- Promote the great value of a cruise. Make sure your customers get the all-inclusive nature and that the price includes most food and entertainment and sometimes drinks. Break it down to show exactly what’s included in their cruise and show them the great per-day price and value for money they are getting.
- Know your customers. Take time to find out about their ideal holiday and run events to meet them. Match them to the right cruise and they will come back to you time & again.
- Target repeat business. It’s far more cost-effective to retain repeat customers than to attract new ones.
- Work your customer database. Keep in touch with past clients and now is the time to contact all prospects you have data captured.
- Be social. Build your following on Facebook and Twitter. Social network usage is soaring and it’s becoming a method of communicating for all. Develop content that engages and creates a dialogue. Don’t just blast out deals & offers or people will switch off. Be more subtle and talk about you, your cruise knowledge and experiences.
- Keep up to date with latest offers. Sign up to trade weekly emails and updates and have a plan in place to follow them up. Friend & Follow your travel suppliers for the very latest info.
- Add extra value at no cost to you. Understand the cruise line’s group offers and be aware of their past guest programmes. Your customers will get added benefits that won’t cost you anything and will make you look even more of an expert.
- Be proactive. Find creative ways to tell people about you and the personal travel service you offer.
About Travel Waves Marketing
Claire Riches is a marketer with over 20 years of marketing experience within the Travel and Retail. At Travel Waves Marketing she is committed to offering a flexible range of marketing solutions that are tailored to you and your business. Her aim is to get on your wavelength and understand what it is that you and your business requires. She’ll then provide cost effective solutions that allow you to grow your business with new customers, products and communications. With a proven track record of results in business Claire can help you make your business stronger and more resilient in this current economic climate.
Do you need support with?
- Marketing strategy & brand development
- New product, ship or itinerary launches
- Developing your communications plans & creating a promotions calendar for your business
- Reviewing your customer contact management – are you capturing and converting all of your customer leads?
- Understanding and setting up a Social Media strategy for your business on Twitter, Facebook, Linked In and You Tube
- Brochure development & production
Call Claire on 07515 663835 or email email@example.com